Bible linking function

Important notes:
1. The whole scripture may be seen by clicking on the Bible references to read.

2. You may sign up to follow these devotions when new ones post. First, sign in with your gmail account at top right. Second, click the blue follow button in the column on the right.

3. To email Interlocking Ministries, send to interlockingdevotion@gmail.com

Friday, July 19, 2013

Someone's Watching You

Someone's Watching You

Scripture Reading:  Psalm 139

Focus Verse: Psalm 139:1  "O Lord You have examined my heart and know everything about me."

Recently governments around the world have been accused of keeping too much personal information on computers about its citizens.  People are saying this is an invasion of privacy.  We should not forget that God is keeping detailed information on each one of us.  He is keeping much more information about us than any government could keep.  God knows more about you than you know about yourself.

Hebrews 4:13 says,  "Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight .  Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account."  It amazes me that God knows all my shortcoming, my weaknesses, my sins, and all the things I thought were hidden from everyone, yet He loves me.  God desires to forgive me and help me overcome them in order to live a life more like His Son, Jesus.

Those of us who have repented and follow Christ have reason to rejoice.  Jesus has removed all these things from us just as if we never did them.  2 Corinthians 5:19 says, "For God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, no longer counting people's sins against them."  This is the wonderful message He has given us to tell others.  We have hope today because the One that is watching us is also the One forgiving us, as we place our trust in Him.

Bobby Johnson
Interlocking Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment