Bible linking function

Important notes:
1. The whole scripture may be seen by clicking on the Bible references to read.

2. You may sign up to follow these devotions when new ones post. First, sign in with your gmail account at top right. Second, click the blue follow button in the column on the right.

3. To email Interlocking Ministries, send to interlockingdevotion@gmail.com

Friday, January 17, 2014

Look Up

Bible reading: Psalm 5

Focus verse: "My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up." ~Psalm 5:3

"The phrase "look up" occurs four times in the Bible (NKJV), and it conveys four different truths. In Psalm 40:12, the writer was so discouraged by looking around him that he found it difficult to look up: "Innumerable evils have surrounded me; my iniquities have overtaken me, so that I am not able to look up." But Mark 8:25 says Jesus helps us look up, even when we can't see straight. Referring to the blind man of Bethsaida, Jesus put His hands on the man's eyes "and made him look up." Our Lord offers the same encouragement to us, especially in these Last Days, for in Luke 21:28, Jesus said, "When these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."

So we can say with the psalmist: "My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up." Whatever is happening in your life today, look up. When we turn our eyes heavenward and celebrate what we see, our hearts will overflow with joy."

~David Jeremiah

Do you struggle when you look at your world around you?  Look up, look to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment