Bible linking function

Important notes:
1. The whole scripture may be seen by clicking on the Bible references to read.

2. You may sign up to follow these devotions when new ones post. First, sign in with your gmail account at top right. Second, click the blue follow button in the column on the right.

3. To email Interlocking Ministries, send to interlockingdevotion@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

God's Direction Won't Disgrace

Bible Reading: Psalm 25:2-6
  I trust in you, my God!
Do not let me be disgraced,
    or let my enemies rejoice in my defeat.
No one who trusts in you will ever be disgraced,
    but disgrace comes to those who try to deceive others.
Show me the right path, O Lord;
    point out the road for me to follow.
Lead me by your truth and teach me,
    for you are the God who saves me.
    All day long I put my hope in you.
Remember, O Lord, your compassion and unfailing love,
    which you have shown from long ages past.
Focus verse: Psalm 25:5  "Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me.  All day long I put my hope in you."

Do you ever struggle with the fear of failure?  Do you worry about the shame you may suffer for not finishing what you started?  Our failure and disgrace will come if we lose our focus.  If we focus on ourselves and what pleases "me", then we will be shamed and humbled.  If we are full of pride and deceive others we will be shamed and humbled.
Our focus should be on our Lord and our hope should be in Him.  We should seek Him to teach us His ways and to point out the road for us to follow.  If we trust in God and our focus is for Him only, then we will not be disgraced.  If God points you in a direction and you follow, you will succeed. 

Who do you follow?  Is it man, yourself or God?  Choose TODAY to get on the path that God chose for you.

Page Johnson
Interlocking Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment