Bible linking function

Important notes:
1. The whole scripture may be seen by clicking on the Bible references to read.

2. You may sign up to follow these devotions when new ones post. First, sign in with your gmail account at top right. Second, click the blue follow button in the column on the right.

3. To email Interlocking Ministries, send to interlockingdevotion@gmail.com

Friday, October 31, 2014

God's Word Can Not Be Chained

Scripture Reading: 2 Timothy 2:1-13

Focus Verses: 2 Timothy 2:9-10  "And because I preach this Good News, I am suffering and have been chained like a criminal.  But the Word of God cannot be chained.  So I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen."

God has allowed me to endure a journey of trials and testing over the past two weeks.  A virus has attacked my right eye, and as a result I have lost the vision in that eye.  The doctors say it could happen to anybody, though it's rare.  Some friends have suggested that it's spiritual warfare.  I don't know if this is a result of my preaching the gospel, but I do know that Satan cannot be happy when he sees people coming to Christ in Kenya. 

Paul says "the Word of God cannot be chained.  Maybe the enemy thought that when I lost my right foot in an accident 35 years ago, that it would prevent the Word of God from going forward.  It didn't.  Maybe Satan thinks that now taking my right eye this will keep the Word of God from going forward.  It won't.  I will not back down.  I will not quit preaching God's Word. 

I am thankful that my family and friends have been encouraging me with scripture and prayer.  I am certainly praying that God will heal my eye, but if He doesn't, I know that God is still good.   I know that He has a plan, and a purpose for my life.  I will be faithful to Him no matter what.  Psalm 73:26 says, "My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart, He is mine forever." 

Testing is never easy, but there is a glory in heaven waiting for me one day because God's Word will not be chained.

Bobby Johnson
Interlocking Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment