Bible linking function

Important notes:
1. The whole scripture may be seen by clicking on the Bible references to read.

2. You may sign up to follow these devotions when new ones post. First, sign in with your gmail account at top right. Second, click the blue follow button in the column on the right.

3. To email Interlocking Ministries, send to interlockingdevotion@gmail.com

Saturday, April 13, 2019

My Determined Purpose

Scripture Reading: Romans 12

Focus Verses: Romans 12: 1-2 "And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."

This past March we saw more than 800 people proclaim their new faith in Christ during a trip to Kenya.  We praise the Lord for touching their hearts.  News like this is a light in a very dark world.  I think Satan knows that his days are numbered, and he is doing everything he can to keep God's Kingdom from growing.  I believe there is only one way to live the Christian life during these times, and that is to be 100% sold out for Jesus, no turning back.  There are to many people living a half-way Christian life.  I was that way for 11 years after I got saved.  I took my faith for granted.  Then God showed me what I had been doing.  I committed my life to Him 100%.

If you continue living the Christian life half-way, please don't tell anyone that you are a Christian.  You heard me right, "please don't tell anyone you're a Christian".  Because if you call yourself a Christian and live like the world, then unsaved people will look at you and wonder why they would need Salvation.  There is no difference between you and the world.

The apostle Paul said that his determined purpose is to know Christ (see Philippians 3:10-14).  What is your determined purpose in life?  When you get up in the morning, what do you live for?  I know you may have your job to provide for your family, you may go to school, or you may take care of your children all day.  But you can do all those things with a Christlike attitude, and live in such a way that people will see Christ in you.  The only Jesus that most people in this world will ever see is the Jesus that is lived out in our lives.  Can you say with Paul, "My determined purpose in life is to know Him"?  I hope so.  Think of how God used Paul: many people were saved, many churches were started, he wrote a lot of the New Testament that we hold as the very inspired Word of God.  Yet Paul realized he had so much more to learn.  It's hard to believe that Paul had the same struggles and temptations that we face, but he did.  Therefore, how much more should we be saying  "I want to be more like Christ this year."  Read Romans 12 again.  Paul gives us some good advice on how to be more like Christ.  As we seek to know Him, we will be transformed. (changed)

Let it be our goal to have someone look at our life and say "if that's a Christian, then I want to follow Christ too."

~Bobby Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment