Bible linking function

Important notes:
1. The whole scripture may be seen by clicking on the Bible references to read.

2. You may sign up to follow these devotions when new ones post. First, sign in with your gmail account at top right. Second, click the blue follow button in the column on the right.

3. To email Interlocking Ministries, send to interlockingdevotion@gmail.com

Friday, November 15, 2019

Does God Always Hear Us?


Bible Reading: Psalm 66

Focus Verse:  Isaiah 59:2  “But your iniquities have separated you from your God, and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear you.”

Our focus verse today is pretty straight forward.  If you have unconfessed sin in your life, God will not hear you when you pray.  There are several verses in the Bible that tell us this.  Psalm 66:18 says, “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear.”  Regard means "to hold on to”.

If you say “well I don’t sin anymore”.  Believe me, you do still sin.  As a Christian I still sin.  And we probably sin more than we think we do.  1John 1:8 says, “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.”   A good way to start out our prayer time is by telling God you’re sorry for your sins, thank Him for forgiving you and then repent or turn away from the sin.  And if you know specific sins, name them.  You may want to do this when it’s just you alone with God.  You can ask God to help you see that sin the way He sees it.  You can also ask God to help you learn how to resist the temptations.

Our sin breaks our fellowship with God, but when our sin is confessed, our fellowship with God is restored and strengthened.  However, there are some people who call themselves Christians and they love sin and continue to sin and have no plan to stop sinning.  Some even call their sin acceptable to God. That's when I wonder if that person is really saved.  A true Christian is sorry for what they’ve done wrong and feels that guilt with the help of the Holy Spirit.

One of the greatest promises in God’s Word is that when I do sin and then confess my sin, 1 John 1:9 tells us that "God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”  And that, my friend, can give you a lot of peace in your life, knowing your sin is forgiven.  I am so thankful for a forgiving Heavenly Father!

Bobby Johnson
Interlocking Ministries
New International Version: Psalm 66
18 If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened;
19 but God has surely listened
    and has heard my prayer.
20 Praise be to God,
    who has not rejected my prayer
    or withheld his love from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment