Bible linking function

Important notes:
1. The whole scripture may be seen by clicking on the Bible references to read.

2. You may sign up to follow these devotions when new ones post. First, sign in with your gmail account at top right. Second, click the blue follow button in the column on the right.

3. To email Interlocking Ministries, send to interlockingdevotion@gmail.com

Friday, October 15, 2021

God Comforts in Sorrow

Bible Reading: Psalm 91

Focus verse: “But You, God, see the trouble of the afflicted; You consider their grief and take it in hand. The victims commit themselves to You; You are the helper of the fatherless.” Psalm 10:14

I am writing this devotion in honor of my friends in Kenya experiencing the loss of a sister.  Life is difficult when a loved one dies.

There is shock and disbelief.  There is loss and sorrow.  How do you move from that sorrow and mourning into a place of accepting life without the one who died?  When you face sorrow, seek the face of God because he sees your trouble and affliction.  Psalm 91:15 says, "He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble;"

Psalm 91:2 says, "I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.”  God is your refuge.  God cares and will hold you in His hand and care for you.  It takes time, but God will heal the sorrow as we trust Him.  He will turn our hearts and we begin to see a glimpse of hope among moments of sadness.  He will nurture the hope in your heart and through faith, it will grow into joy, once again. 

Friends can comfort, but God heals the heart.

~Page Johnson
Interlocking Ministries

In loving memory of Happiness "Asupi", the sister of Harriet Otieno

No comments:

Post a Comment