Bible linking function

Important notes:
1. The whole scripture may be seen by clicking on the Bible references to read.

2. You may sign up to follow these devotions when new ones post. First, sign in with your gmail account at top right. Second, click the blue follow button in the column on the right.

3. To email Interlocking Ministries, send to interlockingdevotion@gmail.com

Friday, June 17, 2022

When Life Knocks You Down

 When Life Knocks You Down

Scripture Reading: 1 Peter 1:3-7
Focus verse: 1 Peter 1:6 "So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while."

I have had an accident where my foot was amputated, I have had a virus attack my right eye and make me blind in it, I have had other illnesses and injuries in my life.  I don't know why trials come a certain times in our lives, but I know that we all must endure them.  Here are some things I have observed about trails: 

Trials help us to comfort others.  I now have a new sense of compassion for those in Kenya that suffer from mosquito born illnesses.  We are now helping with some projects to help give some relief of malaria.  2 Corinthians 1:4 "He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others.  When we are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us."     

Jesus will walk with you through the trial.  He comforts and teaches us in life's storms.  We are never outside of God's watchful eye.  Nothing happens to us that He has not already filtered.  2 Corinthians 4:8 "We are pressed down on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed.  We are perplexed, but not driven to despair." 

Finally God gives hope to our troubled hearts.  We can rest in the fact that God will heal our hurts, and God will work in our trials.  We may not see that healing here on earth, but we will see it one day.  So take heart, when life is knocking you down, there is only One who can pick you back up.  And His name is Jesus.

Bobby Johnson
Interlocking Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment