Bible linking function

Important notes:
1. The whole scripture may be seen by clicking on the Bible references to read.

2. You may sign up to follow these devotions when new ones post. First, sign in with your gmail account at top right. Second, click the blue follow button in the column on the right.

3. To email Interlocking Ministries, send to interlockingdevotion@gmail.com

Friday, November 17, 2023

Human or Spirit Led?

 Scripture Reading: Galatians 5:13-26

Focus verse: "As for you, my friends, you were called to be free. But do not let this freedom become an excuse for letting your physical desires control you. Instead, let love make you serve one another." Galatians 5:13

Jesus called to me and I said, "Yes, Lord".  I began to follow Him and was set free from my sins.  He made me into a new creation, a new "me" that lives with His Spirit in me.  I found the fruits of the Holy Spirit nature coming into my life.  But sometimes, the human, selfish nature comes out in front and I fail.

In my freedom, I do not give excuses for following my own selfish desires.  I need to realize that my human nature will lie to me and so will the enemy.  My human nature will lead me astray and will not honor God.  My human nature will lead me to greed, anger, jealousy, selfish ambition, fighting, gossip and separation from other believers.  If I follow my human nature long enough, I can become blinded by it and fall deeper into sin.  I will blame others and make excuses for my decisions and actions.  I will not even see the pit that I am in, until suddenly, God makes it clear.

I need to decide every day to love God first.  This will give me what I need to love, forgive and serve others.  This is what the Spirit produces:  love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control.  Is this what my life looks like?  You can not follow selfish human desires and the Spirit at the same time.

Every day is a good day to examine your life.  Do you see the fruits of human nature or the fruits of Spirit nature?  Commit to spend some time in prayer today about anything that you need to change in your life.  Ask God to show you how He sees your life.  Allow Him to change your heart so that you can change any actions that need to come under the Spirit's control.

~Page Johnson
Interlocking Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment