Bible linking function

Important notes:
1. The whole scripture may be seen by clicking on the Bible references to read.

2. You may sign up to follow these devotions when new ones post. First, sign in with your gmail account at top right. Second, click the blue follow button in the column on the right.

3. To email Interlocking Ministries, send to interlockingdevotion@gmail.com

Friday, June 22, 2012

Laughing all the way to Heaven

Bible reading: Psalm 139

Focus verse: Proverbs 29:25..."The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe."

            For many years of my life I was worried about what people thought of me.  I covered my insecurity many times with humor.  I thought if I could make people laugh at what I said they really would never know the real me.

Believe it or not, it worked.  The problem was it didn't last and I was worn out trying to be someone I really was not.  Laughter is great but it must come from a sincere heart not a means of control.

Then, I met Jesus, and I slowly began to find out who I really was "in Him"  My insecurities began to dissolve as I put my trust in The only one who truly knows me, and guess what, I still make people laugh but now it is from my heart and all the glory goes to Lord...not to me.

Stay focused on the one who will keep you safe and you will never have to wear a mask for other people again.  He will make you the "life of His party" !!!

by Nancy Creagh (friend and supporter of Interlocking Ministries)

No comments:

Post a Comment