Bible linking function

Important notes:
1. The whole scripture may be seen by clicking on the Bible references to read.

2. You may sign up to follow these devotions when new ones post. First, sign in with your gmail account at top right. Second, click the blue follow button in the column on the right.

3. To email Interlocking Ministries, send to interlockingdevotion@gmail.com

Friday, September 8, 2017

No Need to Fear

Bible Reading: Psalm 27
Focus Verse: “Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.”  Psalm 27:14 (NIV)

Chances are that you aren’t going to have wicked people coming to devour you or have a war break out against you like we read in the scriptures.  You will, however, face some trouble in your life.  You will need to find shelter in the Lord and allow him to hide you in His tent or set you high on a rock.

Years ago, I went for a walk on the beach with my five year old cousin, Shelly.  We were enjoying looking at shells and digging our toes into the sand.  Suddenly, a big black dog came over the dunes.  He came toward us barking and showing his teeth.  My little cousin was vulnerable because she was so small.  I quickly asked her to climb on my back.  I lifted her high out of danger.  The dog kept coming and barking, threatening our casual walk.  I prayed for the Lord’s protection as I began to walk past the barking, snarling dog.  As I came closer, he began to growl and show his teeth.  I kept walking, trying not to look at him directly.  The next thing I know, I had past him and he stayed behind.  That was a fearful moment.

Just like I did for my little cousin, the Lord can lift you up out of the danger.  If you are walking with the Lord, you do not need to fear.  He will bring you into His safe dwelling, hide you in the shelter of his tent and set you high upon a rock and you will learn the straight path that you should take. Verse 14 says, “Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.”  There is no need to fear.

~Page Johnson
Interlocking Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment