Bible linking function

Important notes:
1. The whole scripture may be seen by clicking on the Bible references to read.

2. You may sign up to follow these devotions when new ones post. First, sign in with your gmail account at top right. Second, click the blue follow button in the column on the right.

3. To email Interlocking Ministries, send to interlockingdevotion@gmail.com

Friday, September 15, 2017

Perfect Peace

Bible Reading: Isaiah 26:1-6

Focus Verse: Job 23:10-11  "“But he knows where I am going.  And when he tests me, I will come out as pure as gold. For I have stayed on God’s paths;  I have followed his ways and not turned aside."

God will keep you in perfect peace if your mind is focused on Him and your trust is in Him.  You can trust the Lord because his is the Rock that is secure.  If you are discouraged or troubled, He promises that He will bring peace to your soul.  We can know that because God promises it.

Recently I visited my aunt in the hospital.  She is suffering greatly and has been struggling with her health for some time.  I was thinking that maybe my visit would help her know that I cared and that I was praying for her.  While I was there, I heard her say that she is holding on to Jesus.  That was a powerful testimony.  She was in poor condition and she knew that Jesus was her comfort and her peace.

We all go through times of trial and trouble.  We all have moments where we are discouraged, hurt, or even feel trampled on.  You might have trouble with some friends or even enemies.  You might have difficulty dealing with some of your family members.  During those times, don’t give up.  Don’t be discouraged and defeated.  I urge you to reach out to God.  You can trust in Him.  He will bring you peace.  He is the rock that can’t be shaken.

~Page Johnson
Interlocking Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment