Bible linking function

Important notes:
1. The whole scripture may be seen by clicking on the Bible references to read.

2. You may sign up to follow these devotions when new ones post. First, sign in with your gmail account at top right. Second, click the blue follow button in the column on the right.

3. To email Interlocking Ministries, send to interlockingdevotion@gmail.com

Friday, July 31, 2020

Wait Patiently and Confidently

Scripture Reading:  Romans 8:18-30

Paul's letter to the Romans in Chapter 8 reminds us that we, believers, along with creation, have a hope of the day when we will live in "glorious freedom from death and decay" and be with the Lord with new bodies freed from sin and suffering.  This hope started the day we were saved, born again, given the Holy Spirit and began looking toward this promise with joy and freedom.  We must wait patiently through our suffering, pain, conflict and sadness but confidently because the Spirit reveals this truth in our hearts and "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."

I have never been a very patient person.  If something is broken, I want to fix it right away. If I planned to meet someone at 9:00 and it’s now 9:01 I’m looking at my watch wondering, "Where are they?"  I have learned to settle down and be patient after I started traveling to Kenya.  I understand that when I get off that airplane in Nairobi that I’m now on "Kenya time”.  I know if someone says a meeting is starting at 10:00 then I should expect the meeting to start at 11 or 12 or even later.  This has helped me, even in America, to be patient more often, but I’ll tell you something that is really testing my patience right now.  Patience with this pandemic has been a real challenge.  The pandemic with Covid19 started last March and we are still in it after 5 months.  Perhaps there is something God is trying to teach us, and we are not going to get out of this situation until we learn it.  Or perhaps, God is working on a plan to use the pandemic for His Glory.  Our focus verse says “Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for Him”.  Maybe God wants us to know Him better.  If you are not able to work because of the virus, maybe you should be spending more time with God.  I’ve been reading a book about the End Times.  When we see things happening like a worldwide pandemic and much chaos in our world, we can’t help but wonder if we are living in the last days before Christ will return.  We don't know when, but we live with our confident hope.  

Let us wait patiently and seek His face, so we can see what God is doing and not be so busy that we miss what He’s trying to show us.  Let us not focus on the trials, but on our shepherd and His direction.  If you struggle with these hard times, Page wanted me to add this verse of comfort, 
"Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
    Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
    I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10


Bobby Johnson
Interlocking Ministries



No comments:

Post a Comment