Bible linking function

Important notes:
1. The whole scripture may be seen by clicking on the Bible references to read.

2. You may sign up to follow these devotions when new ones post. First, sign in with your gmail account at top right. Second, click the blue follow button in the column on the right.

3. To email Interlocking Ministries, send to interlockingdevotion@gmail.com

Friday, August 7, 2020

Blind and Seeing, Saved and Unsaved

Blind and Seeing, Saved and Unsaved

Scripture Reading: John 9:13-34

Focus Verse: John 9:25   “The blind man answered and said, Whether He is a sinner or not I do not know.  One thing I know, that though I was blind, now I see.”

The Pharisees questioned the man who had been blind and demanded, “What’s your opinion about this man who healed you?” The Pharisees accused Jesus to be a sinner for healing on the Sabbath.  The blind man could not speak bad about the man who healed him.  He testified about what he knew to be true.  He was blind, but now, after the mud applied by Jesus, he could see.  The man knew this had never happened to anyone before and believed that Jesus was from God.  There was no doubt that he was blind and now he sees.

There are over six billion people on planet earth, and they all fall into one of two categories, saved or unsaved.  Our Bible story is about a man that was born blind.  Jesus had compassion on this man and healed his blindness so that he could see.  Do you know before you were saved you were blind.  Not physically, but spiritually.  Before you received Salvation, Satan had blinded your spiritual eyes to the truth that God wanted you to know.  When I was six years old I accepted Salvation into my life.  At that point of being saved I didn’t know everything about the Bible.  About all I knew was that I was once lost, but now I was saved.  The blind man didn’t know much about Jesus, who had healed him.  All he knew was that he was once blind, but now he could see.

That is the power of a changed life.  There is power in the message of the Gospel.   We can’t always expect God to do things the way we would.  If your friend was having a problem with their eyes I don’t think you would spit on the ground and then put mud into their eyes.  But when Jesus did this, it changed the man’s life.  After that the man testified “One thing I know, once I was blind, but now I can see.”  The world is full of people that are blind.  They need to be healed, so they can see the truth of God’s love for them through Jesus.  We all have a story to tell.  So go find a spiritually blind person today and share with them how they can see the truth of God’s love.

Bobby Johnson
Interlocking Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment