Bible linking function

Important notes:
1. The whole scripture may be seen by clicking on the Bible references to read.

2. You may sign up to follow these devotions when new ones post. First, sign in with your gmail account at top right. Second, click the blue follow button in the column on the right.

3. To email Interlocking Ministries, send to interlockingdevotion@gmail.com

Friday, July 2, 2021

Little Things Make a Big Difference



Focus Verses:  Matthew 13:31-32  He put another parable before them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his field. It is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is larger than all the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.”

My father has a piece of property that consists of a few acres of land.  Many years ago he was generous and gave me an acre to build my house.  We purchased a farm tractor to help maintain the property.  Today I was doing some maintenance  work on that tractor.  I changed the engine oil, and changed the fuel filter.  These are important things to do if I want the tractor to work properly.  What if I thought to myself “I don’t have time to change the oil, I’ll just keep using the same old oil.  And the fuel filter, I don’t think I need to change that because the tractor is running fine.”  If I continued to think like that one day I would go to use the tractor and it wouldn’t want to run anymore.  It would be broken down.  The fuel filter is a very small part and only costs a few dollars, but it is a very important part of the tractor.  It helps the fuel to be clean without dirt in it.  

Our lives can be the same way physically and spiritually.  Physically, if you eat the right kinds of food you can be strong and healthy.  Spiritually, if we read God’s Word that can keep us strong to stand against the devil.  We might think that regular Bible reading is a small thing and not very important, but it can make a big difference in our lives.  Just think about how the tractor is turned on with a very small key.  Even if you have a very large tractor if you lose the key the tractor isn’t going anywhere.   A mustard seed is so small you can hardly see it, but it grows into a large tree.  How much will your faith grow if it starts small? You might think your life is not very important to God.  Let’s not forget the story in the Bible of the little boy who had one lunch that he gave to Jesus.  Then Jesus fed over 5000 people from that one small lunch!  The little things in your life can make a big difference when you let God use them.

Bobby Johnson
Interlocking Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment