Bible linking function

Important notes:
1. The whole scripture may be seen by clicking on the Bible references to read.

2. You may sign up to follow these devotions when new ones post. First, sign in with your gmail account at top right. Second, click the blue follow button in the column on the right.

3. To email Interlocking Ministries, send to interlockingdevotion@gmail.com

Friday, June 28, 2024

Don't Waste Your Life

Don’t Waste Your Life

Scripture Reading: John 9:1-15

Focus Verse: John 9:4  “We must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the one who sent us. The night is coming, and then no one can work.

Jesus was sent from heaven for a task to do. Every day He walked about fulfilling His purpose. He knew there would come a day when he would not be on the earth and the time for this work would be done.

I see so many people today that are wasting their lives doing things that will not matter in the light of eternity.  Some people when they get old and look back on their whole life, they will think what a waste the way I have spent my life.  They will think why didn’t I do more for God’s Kingdom?  I have wasted my time on things that didn’t matter.  

Nothing is ever wasted when we do what God has called us to do.  I just returned from a mission trip to Kenya.  I feel like my time was well spent doing things on that trip that will matter for eternity in helping build God’s Kingdom.  Yes, there are things I might have wanted to do if I stayed home, but each day, God was showing me things He wanted me to do on that trip.

God will test all the things we as Christians have done on earth.  And the test will be by fire.  If it’s not burned up it will last.  1 Corinthians 3:13 talks about this.  “But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person’s work has any value.”  If the things we have done are not burned up then we will receive a reward.  In the same way that Jesus made use of His time on earth, let us do all we should with the time God has given us, because night is coming when our work will be done.  Even if we are faithful, I’m sure on that final day we will still wish we had done more.  Let us take advantage of the time we are given and not waste our lives.

Bobby Johnson
Interlocking Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment